Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
All 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students will have the opportunity to keep their District issued laptops/equipment through the Final Exam period. Underclassmen must return their laptops/equipment after completion of their last final exams or by end of day on Friday, June 20th.
We will collect ALL District issued laptop equipment, including: Laptop unit, Laptop charger (both components), and both laptop cases (soft and hard cases).
To avoid the long drop-off lines during exams week, laptops will be accepted from underclassmen starting Tuesday, June 10th. This is optional and with the understanding that the student will NOT need the laptop to study for any exams.
Prior to returning Laptop/Equipment:
Please review the checklist below to minimize issues during the collection process:
- Inspect the laptop carefully to make sure it is in good working order
- Please take note of any dents, scratches and damages
- Save all needed files to a personal external drive or cloud storage
- Remove any stickers, photos, and papers on or behind the clear hard Speck case
- Completely clear out the laptop soft case, removing any papers or other debris
Once a laptop is handed in, the student will not be able to retrieve anything from the laptop or case. All laptops will be inspected for damages and unreturned parts.
If a student is missing the following items, a check made payable to RIHRHSD must accompany the laptop:
- Charger “box” section - $60.00
- Charger “cord” - $15.00
- Clear Speck hard case - $35.00
- Brenthaven soft case with clip-on pouch - $45.00
** Insurance Premium does not cover for lost charger, clear Speck case, or Brenthaven soft case**
While we anticipate full cooperation with the collection procedure, students who do not return all parts or who owe money for unreturned parts/damages will not be allowed to view final grades, have final transcripts sent out or issued a laptop for the following school year.
Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors can expect to pick up their laptops by mid-August for the 2014-15 School Year. Details will be posted on the District website during the summer.
Students with questions regarding the process are encouraged to visit their respective ITC offices.
Director of Technology