RHS - News / Announcements
Posted 05/21/2015 09:43AM
Posted 05/20/2015 03:58PM
Posted 05/15/2015 01:48PM
Posted 05/22/2015 03:00PM
Attention Students and Parents:
Please be advised that your preliminary schedule for the 2015-2016 school year will be available for your review on your Genesis account on Friday, May 22nd at 3:00. As staff hiring has not yet been completed, minor changes may occur prior to receiving your final schedule.
- Students are encouraged to make alterations to their preliminary schedule during the month of June by contacting their guidance counselor.
- If a course was omitted from your program, the computer was unable to schedule the course even though it was requested. Reasons for this typically include course section "close outs" or courses which conflict in time with required courses. Please take notice that Health and Study Halls are not reflected in the preliminary schedule but will be implemented into all final schedules.
- The master schedule will be finalized on August 28th, 2015. No schedule changes will be made after this date. Schedule changes will resume again during the period of September 11-30, 2015. During the month of October, a student may drop a course, but not add a course, and the dropped course will not appear on the transcript. Effective November 2nd 2015, all courses in which a student is enrolled must be completed regardless of grades or progress in the course.
- Changes of an educationally sound nature will be considered with the approval of the parent and the subject supervisor, after consultation with the guidance counselor and based upon availability. Please note the following policy regarding course selection changes: students may not change schedules for convenience or to free a period for work or sports.
- Please be advised that each school will have a counselor on duty in July and August. They are available for resume review, community service information, course planning, college testing, career information, common application, college application process, etc. We encourage you to make an appointment to see our staff this summer!
District Director of Student Personnel Services
Posted 05/20/2015 08:00AM
Please refer to the Information fact sheet
for parents and guardians.
Posted 05/16/2015 09:17AM
Ramapo and Indian Hills High Schools will be closed Friday May 22 through Monday May 25 for the Memorial Day Weekend.
Posted 05/15/2015 11:09AM
Posted 05/12/2015 03:19PM
Posted 05/08/2015 01:05PM
The RHS Environmental Club, Green Team, and Student Government are sponsoring a Walk, Bike, Carpool, or Take the Bus to School Day on Wednesday, May 13.
As an incentive, students who walk or cycle will receive a bagel, fruit, and a "get out of homework pass." In addition, the homeroom with the highest percent of participation will receive a Market Basket lunch!
Please check the upcoming posting in Schoology for details and staging areas for cyclists and walkers. Franklin Lakes Police will assist in monitoring Ewing Ave. to keep everyone safe.
Posted 05/06/2015 01:49PM
Alec Stern: Cell Phone Battery
Caitlyn Lubas: Great Night Out
Thomas Rukaj: Social Media Consultant
Katherine Brzozowski: Procrastination Nation
Adeola Uthman: What Do You Think?
Matthew Stern: Smart Lawn
Claudino Petrucelli: Sand Hand
Samantha Muhlstock and Novia Baulisch: Together-Camp T-shirts
Adam Hecht: Pet Stopper
Padraic Burns and Paul Sabatini: Pan Vista
The presentations will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Clarity of explanation of the product
- Ability to answer questions about facts
- Overall quality of presentation
Contestants will have three minutes to present and followed by five minutes to question. Teachers and representatives from the Wyckoff Chamber of Commerce will serve as judges.
Posted 05/06/2015 08:41AM
Professor William Rodgers and New York Federal Reserve Vice President Andrew Haughwout discussed student debt, college costs, the the challenges of the new labor market with students, parents, and teachers on April 30. The discussion was part of series of talks co-sponsored by Rampage editors and the North Jersey Public Policy Network.
Posted 05/06/2015 08:37AM
Le 17 avril, 2015, les filles et les garçons –les étudiants en première- sont allés au "prom" à Macaluso's et ils ont dansé toute la nuit. Chaque fille était venue dans des nouvelles robes chics. Très à la mode, il y avait des robes à col haut et de la dentelle. Les quatre filles les plus élégantes étaient Melanie Intriago, Elizabeth Gabriel, Elizabeth Jennings, et Tori Lopis. Elizabeth G. a porté une robe noire et blanche, sans bretelles. Elizabeth J a porté une robe rose claire à col haut. Melaine a porté une robe blanche et de la dentelle. Finalement, Tori a porté une robe beige de la dentelle. Toutes ces filles se sont amusées parce que le « prom » était très amusant!
Posted 05/05/2015 08:00AM
The 2015-2016 budget has been submitted to the Executive County Superintendent. All information presented on the following pages
Posted 05/04/2015 09:00AM
Important information regarding the upcoming PARCC End of Year (EOY) Assessment (May 18 and 19) and the NJ State Biology Competency Test (May 26 and 27) are attached to this email. Please open both to review the testing day schedule and transportation plans for all four days.
If you have any questions regarding any of the testing, please feel free to contact the Curriculum Office at 201-416-8100 - X3819. Thank you.
Posted 04/01/2015 09:35AM
Posted 03/27/2015 11:43AM
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
Starting today, the Ramapo Indian Hills School District will be participating in the Bergen County Teacher / Educational Support Professional Recognition Award Program. It is a program that acknowledges innovative and dedicated teachers.
Each school building can nominate either one Teacher or one Educational Support Professional to be recognized.
Completed forms are to be submitted to the collection box ONLY LOCATED in the Main Office of each building by Tuesday, April 14th.
We would like to extend this opportunity for parents/guardians to participate as well. If you wish to participate, please review the criteria and fill out the nomination form.
LINK TO CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION
LINK TO NOMINATION FORM
Any questions or concerns, please contact Danielle Migliacci at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 03/11/2015 04:17PM
Posted 03/11/2015 04:00PM
Posted 03/09/2015 12:02PM
Posted 03/03/2015 10:56AM
Ramapo Green Team Planning a Series of Events to Inform and Engage
The RHS Green Team has been meeting since January in support of the Sustainable Jersey for Schools program. The major projects include support of the Flow Green Fair scheduled for March 7 and coordination of Celebration Day, which will be held on May 15. Updates will be posted on other events and activities as we welcome warmer weather and spring.
The following individuals are serving on the RHS Green for 2014-15.
Louis Moore, principal
Lisa Martone, science supervisor
Ron Anello, athletic and activities director
Mike Flood, building and grounds foreman
Kim Angerson, science teacher and advisor for Ramapo Environmental Club
Linda Lee, student liaison to RHS Environmental Club
Bernadette Spezia, student liaison to RHS Student Government
Ms. Carol Holden, community representative, Franklin Lakes
Ms. Christine Key, community representative, Wyckoff
Ms. Janice Reynan, community representative, Wyckoff
Jamie Burns, community representative, Oakland
Ms. Sharon Lee, RHS parent representative
Please contact Dr. Moore at ext. 2220 if you have any questions or suggestions to support the project.